How was your holiday? Is your fridge bursting with leftovers? Yes?
Then we've got the recipe for you. It's our "The Fridge's Too Full" Turkey Pot Pie.
Guaranteed to make it safer to open your fridge door without some random container falling on your toe...
Turkey Potato Pot Pie
4 cups leftover mashed potatoes
1 Tbsp non-hydrogenated margarine
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried thyme
4 cups cooked turkey, cubed (chicken would work too)
3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the margarine. Cook the onion and garlic until softened. Add flour and cook stirring for a minute. The flour will coat the onions and slightly brown.
3. Gradually whisk in milk, salt and pepper, mustard, lemon juice and thyme. Cook, whisking often until thickened (about 10 minutes).
4. Add turkey and vegetables.
5. Pour into a large casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Increasing heat to 450F, broil for 2 minutes until golden brown.
Click here for a free Printable/Tablet-friendly version of our recipe:
Got a recipe that uses up holiday leftovers? What's your favourite?